Mosquitos, The World’s Deadliest Animal
A mosquito bite can lead to more than just an itch and its why the mosquitos are the worlds deadliest animal. With each mosquito bite comes the risk of disease, allergic reactions, and other health issues to your family and pets.
Keep your loved ones safe and make sure you’re aware of just some of the dangers mosquitos may bring to your backyard:
When mosquitoes bite an infected host, they may transmit diseases to other beings that they bite. Some of the most common mosquito-borne diseases include:
- Can cause serious disease and death if not treated
- Transmitted by female Anopheles mosquitoes
- About 2,000 cases in the U.S. each year (Source: World Health Organization)
West Nile Virus
- Most common mosquito-borne illness in the U.S.
- Over 2,400 cases reported in 2021 (Source: CDC)
- Usually spread when mosquitoes bite infected birds and then bite other beings
- Most cases have mild or no symptoms, but some cases can be fatal
- Spread by Female Aedes mosquitos (common type of mosquito in the U.S.)
- Can only be contracted by a mosquito already inflicted with Dengue
- Often requires hospital treatment
Other mosquito-borne diseases exist, and new illnesses are always a risk of developing.
While rare, mosquito bites may cause allergic reactions. Those who are allergic may experience mild to severe symptoms, including:
- Bruises or hives around bite and bigger bump
- Anaphylaxis (Throat swelling and wheezing)
- Small blisters instead of hard bumps
- Low Grade Fever
Keep Your Yard Safe
If you notice your health change at all, visit your Primary Care Physician. Don’t leave your family, pets, employees, or guests at risk. Keep your property mosquito-free with the Nada Mosquito!
Our friendly team is passionate about protecting your loved ones with our affordable and thorough services. Stay safe all season by scheduling your mosquito and tick control treatments today!